Seven Key Words in the Bible
Seven Key Words (ideas) in the Bible
- God—Sovereign, holy, righteous, love, eternal, omnipotent, omniscient, omnipresent, immutable, truthful, and created all things living and non living. Exodus 34.5-7; Psalm 90.2.
- Man—God created mankind in his own image to honor God, rule creation, and fellowship with God. Genesis 1:26-28; Psalm 8.4-9.
- Sin—Eve and then Adam sinned resulting in judgment from God, and sin passed to everyone. Genesis 3:1-7; Romans 5.12.
- Christ—He came to take the judgment for sin that we deserve; he is the substitute for the whole world. John 1.1-17; 1 Timothy 1:15.
- Grace—God offers forgiveness, everlasting life, and abundant life as a free gift to those who take it. Romans 5.21; Ephesians 2:8-9.
- Faith—A person gains forgiveness, everlasting life, and abundant life by trusting Jesus Christ for them. John 3.16; Ephesians 2:8-9.
- Future—Christ returns, Resurrection, Kingdom, Judgment, Eternity. Acts 17.30-31; 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18; Revelation 20.11-15.